Sept. 25

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

G'morning yall. It rained all night last night and we had some pretty strong wind blowing a few times. The rain has not been too hard, just a steady rain all night.
We woke up to good news, the storm may barely get to Hurricane strength by the time it comes on shore. It is still projected to hit right over us. One weather man here always tags it right says it will turn at the last minute and give MS a problem. I guess we will have to wait and see.
We have most of the windows boared up and are ready, just in case he is not right this one time;). Schools are closed here and so are some of the roads in the lower part of the parish, they are already parts underwater.
I couldn't believe when I saw this morning on my AOL screen --we made the news. They mentioned the town of Houma, which is right next to us, I actually live closer to Houma than Thibodaux. I had to laugh because this was a quote on the AOL screen from a person buying a generator from Home Depot she said: "At The Home Depot in Houma, generators and plywood were the biggest-selling items, along with batteries for flashlights. Home Depot employee Robin Savoie, 39, said she even bought two generators - one for her elderly father, and one for another priority - shrimp.

''I just got three ice chests of shrimp and I'm not losing that,'' she said.

LOL! I feel her pain! (that was for you Shoe)

Well, yall have a good day, I"ll check in as long as I can. I don't know if we will lose power later on today. By this after noon we will be having winds of about 75-80 mph. Keep us in yalls prayers! Lisa

This thread has 27 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!