Best Websites for looking at gourds in a natural state

San Francisco, CA

I planted some various gourds this year and a only had success with two of them one of like a yellow squash and one is off white and round. I was looking for a site so I could get photos of specific grouds and decided what to plant next year, but I only found craft websites.

The data base here does not yeild any gourds either. They take a lot of space so I want to selection something interesting. Can anyone suggest sources for seeds that may have pictures of the mature gourds? I am not using them for crafts, just growing them for fun and Halloween decorations.

I enjoyed the egg gourd photo, but I was thinking about something that would be outrageous looking with warts and all.

Maben, MS(Zone 7b)

Look on page 2 under the subject "Roadrunner" and see if this site will have you.
Ruth

San Francisco, CA

That is a very good site, thank you, but it is hard to see the colors, because I think these have all been dried? I planted the assorted gourds this spring, but I am thinking I should just try to get one type of seed and plant a whole package of that, but it so hard to chose one.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.