Howie put in steps! :)

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

We've been eeking the last lifebreath out of the pre-formed concrete risers/steps at our back door for the last three years, poking a stone in here, a brick in there...You know. This last Saturday, Howie and his friend removed the old steps and removed the cracked pads which were beneath them. Howie put up a nice set of treated wooden steps, bolting them to the house and to the patio. He pulled out an old handrail someone had made from iron pipe; the thing was laughable anyway, because it was far too low to be of any use.

It's SO nice not having to step down immediately after crossing the threshhold of the back door - we have about 18" or so before the first step now. There's no more wobble, no more clunk, no more teetering when the steps jiggle. We need to put in a rail still, but this is miles better than what was there before!

I wish I had a good "before" picture, but the truth is I avoided taking any pictures of those steps because they looked so bad, LOL.

Thanks, Howie and Mark!! :)

Thumbnail by gardenwife
This thread has 7 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!