Mandevilla

Bel Air, MD(Zone 6a)

This was a great buy, got it at a local nursery for $l0.00

Thumbnail by sgtdot
Bel Air, MD(Zone 6a)

It was a little wilted when I first got it but looks real healthy now. It was one of their end of season buys.

Lima, OH(Zone 5a)

Lucky you! It is beautiful!

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Looks great. I love Mandys. One of mine (pink) has seed pods. Can anyone tell me how long it takes for them to mature?

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

So do you have a GH to keep it in all winter sgtdot?

Bel Air, MD(Zone 6a)

Kell, guess I will keep it in the basement.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

I have tried to get them to winter here outside, but they do not make it. This year I am buildig something to house all my topicals.

Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

That is so pretty! I never saw those before a few years ago. They even come in yellow! thanks for sharing

Harford County, MD(Zone 6b)

That really looks great on your porch.I've had mine longer than you have and you have many more blooms...WAAAAA.

Bel Air, MD(Zone 6a)

That is ok Ginny, your Brug is bigger than mine, but it was when Callie gave them to us. Need to give mine more
Miracle-Gro

New Port Richey, FL(Zone 9a)

Help!! I had a beautiful pink Mandavilla a trellace, but it developed mealy bugs and black sooty fungus. I have sprayed it with Neem Oil as suggested by someone knowledgeable. It looks like the everything gone from it. I have been spraying it every 3 days. Now what do I do. Do I leave it for the Florida winter or cut it back. Will it die? .. or come back in the spring.

Below is a picture before it got sick.

Thumbnail by MNEVEN
Commerce, GA(Zone 8a)

My yellow mandevilla

Thumbnail by Melba_Ga
Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Help!! I had a beautiful pink Mandavilla a trellace, but it developed mealy bugs and black sooty fungus.

I have never had either of these problems on any of my plants, but I have a supply of Q-tips and rubbing alcohol in case something gets the mealy bugs. If you have a fungus, do you have to have a specific fungicide to get rid of it? Hope you can get your mandy back to healthy shape real soon. They are beautiful plants.

New Port Richey, FL(Zone 9a)

Thanks for all the advise. We have been spraying it and picking off the dead leaves. The trellace needs to be cleaned. There are new leaves on it and still has flowers on the top of vine.

I'm watching it and keeping my fingers crossed.

Edgewater, MD(Zone 7a)

sgtdot, which place did you find that at? Im terrible at where places are but I think Im not that far from you and if they have more Id love to go grab one

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.