Arlene's zebra cats

Paxton, FL(Zone 8a)

Tom found a zebra yesterday morning, Arlene. Called me out to come see. It was great. Hope the other one makes it and they just happen to be able to mate. Anyone know where to buy cats?

(Arlene gave us two cats when we visited her Monday before her swap weekend.)

Newberry, FL(Zone 8B)

Pam, i hope the other one makes it too! i think they heard us talking and hid, there had been so many of them. Dee took some home with her too. zebra longwing is one of my favorites.

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

Do y'all have pictures of the caterpillars? The zebra longwings are so beautiful!

Newberry, FL(Zone 8B)

Stacey, they are white with black hairs... i guess that's what you call them standing up on them. i like them because they don't care if you are there, they just float right past you, and are easy to see because they float.

Paxton, FL(Zone 8a)

It's fascinating to watch them because the floating is so different from other butterflies. We would love to find a source to buy the cats so we could have lots of them. Face it Arlene, most of yours probably were either in a cocoon (chrysalis?) or either had already pupated into those beautiful zebras that were flying all over the place.

Newberry, FL(Zone 8B)

pam, let me look up their zone. i wonder if i could mail you eggs? how close are you to Dee??

Paxton, FL(Zone 8a)

I'm about 50 to 60 miles west of Dee, Arlene. Now you really know your cats and butters don't you if you can locate eggs. BTW all my cuttings are looking good. Thanks.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.