Homemade "Soft Scrub"

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

I love the Soft Scrub with bleach to clean my kitchen sink and shower floor with. I'm thinking of trying one of these three recipes when my current bottle runs out. Any recommendations or tips on which one might be best? I'm wondering about substituting lemon juice for the vinegar in Recipe #2, since it would provide some bleaching effect...

Recipe #1:
1/2 cup baking soda
Enough liquid soap or detergent to make a frosting like consistency (see note below)
5 drops antibacterial essential oil such as tea tree oil, lavender, or rosemary (optional)

Pour the baking soda in a bowl; slowly pour in the liquid soap or detergent, stirring all the while, until the consistency reaches that of frosting. Scoop the creamy mixture onto a sponge, wash the surface, and rinse.

Recipe #2:
1 2/3 cups baking soda
1/2 cup liquid soap
1/2 cup water
2 Tablespoons vinegar

Mix together baking soda and liquid soap in a bowl. Dilute with water; add vinegar. Stir with a fork until the lumps are gone. Be exact in your measurements, otherwise the mixture may not have the right consistency. Keep in a covered squirt bottle and shake before using.

Recipe #3:
1/4 cup borax
Enough liquid soap to make a creamy paste
1/2 teaspoon lemon essential oil

Mix borax and soap together to make a creamy paste; stir in lemon oil until smooth.

This thread has 6 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!