Here we go again!

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

It's hurricane watch time. Isadore is expected to become a major storm with landfall predictions anywhere from the Yucatan to Jacksonville LOL! NOAA actually said that today. We'll be glued to the weather channels for the next few days!

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Floridian, I am watching this storm closely too, it looks like it could be a very dangerous one by the time it makes landfall.

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

You know Lisa, I was just wondering how many times in my life I've done this. We grew up in a small beach community. My mom always hung a tracking map with the first storm and used it all the way through the season. Some years they were a mess!

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Floridain--magnet type kind on the refrigerator?;-)

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Hope it dissipates soon!

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

I am watching too!

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

kim, they don't dissipate :-( when they are this close and powerful, it is for sure going to be in the Gulf and the water temps are in the high 80's this feeds the storm, making it more stronger. The weatherman said last night that the upper level winds will also be in favor of aiding the storm :-(. Watching carefully. I am about 20 minutes from the coast line

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

Lisa,
I live 6 blocks from the bay. It will probably be either me or you!

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

I'm wondering just how far inland it will come. I live in Ga and though we aren't on the coast I still worry about it. We did have one come thru a few years ago and it was awfully scarey!!! It was "Opal" and boy do I remember that one!! Far as I know that is the only one we have ever had here(that I remember) we were without power for 9 days and it was tough! Anyone heard if it will be coming in this far??
As for all of you that are in the path of this storm, My thoughts and prayers are with you. I pray that God will keep you safe and sound.

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

Unfortunately some part of the Gulf coast is going to be in trouble. The meteorologists are already calling this a monster storm. Excerpt TBO.com - "The storm seemed in no rush to go anywhere, but it is predicted to be a monster hurricane with winds of 120 mph by Sunday."
Traditionally the slower the forward speed, the stronger the storm CAN become.
Lisa, My mom went all out with the big wall maps. Gosh I wish I had those maps now. My folks made it exciting to track all those storms and always got us involved.

Fountain, FL(Zone 8a)

I'm watching the weather reports as well...Bill(dh) is already making lists of "to do". Hey weeds...if you need to get farther inland should we be in the direct path let me know..my door is open. Hope you like dogs.

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

Ginger, thanks, that is very nice of you! I just might do that, and I love dogs, would have my big OLD lab with me!

Fountain, FL(Zone 8a)

hey weeds...just checked this thread again..will drop you an e-mail with my phone#. storm or no it would be fun to meet.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.