I need a Datura Education!

Ace, TX(Zone 8a)

This is my first year to grow Datura. I started seeds of Black Currant Swirl and some other seeds I got that all I knew about them is that they were purple.
I didn't think any of the Swirls made it but now I am beginning to wonder. I ended up with 3 plants I posted pictures on the ID forum. The first two are swirled, the 3rd plant just started blooming and the bloom is like a brug but doubled. I whish I could get a name for these datura or some info. Are they simple called single, triple and double. I have seeds for one called Cornacopia and want to try some of the Black Currant Swirl again. I am confused are there named Daturas.
:0(

I posted some ID on the IDěng forum. :)

Ace, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks I got it! I love these plants and hope to add to my collection.

:) Yes, they are both beautiful, easy to grgow and smells great. How many of them do you grow?

Ace, TX(Zone 8a)

Right now I have the two pictured and just planted a single white. I have seeds for cornacopia and a double yellow (golden queen) and if I dig I should have some more seeds stashed, just don't know what kind yet. I saw my first triple yellow at a little nursery and they wanted $25 for what they were calling a brug. It's on my wish list.

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

25$!! That's pretty steep! Don't pay that. there will be lots of dat seeds going around the trading forum this winter.

Ace, TX(Zone 8a)

That's OK poppysue I wasn't born yesterday. But boy it sure was hard to walk off LOL.......

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

Cajunace,

some ebay sellers would identigy Black Currant Swirl also as cornocupia. if not mistaken they are one and the same. i have several in white, yellow,purple and mauve --> all are forming seed pods. i can share some seeds for sase ;). lmk.

Ace, TX(Zone 8a)

MaVieRose you have mail :0)

Monroe, WI(Zone 4b)

You have some from me too. :>)

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

i have triple yellow dat seeds drying. lmk if you need some

Ace, TX(Zone 8a)

Tig I would love some!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.