Anticipation kills!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Has anyone ever died from anticipation??? LOL I guess this corkscrew vine is about ten feet tall. As you can see, it really wants to bloom. Hope the anticipation does not kill me. :)

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Darn it! Lost the picture.

Thumbnail by Badseed
Lima, OH(Zone 5a)

I'm still here.....living proof..... have been anticipating brug blooms all summer, just now getting some, finally!

Looks like your plant is beginning to bloom? They smell good too.

Perrysburg, OH(Zone 5a)

Oh, Badseed I'm so glad you posted this, I've have felt this way for over a week watching the buds on my passion flower Incense grow bigger and bigger!!! I can't stand it any longer!!!! I hope the buds burst before I do!!! Lol
I just keep telling myself a watched pot never boils, but I kinda think it does help if you look atleast every ten minutes!!!!
Becky

Lima, OH(Zone 5a)

Usually my Incense has about 7 blooms each day, next morning new ones opening up. I Like it best of all the P. Flwrs. I have, even the red, as they don't bloom as well. This one has bloomed all summer, through drought and 95 degrees. Love it.

Perrysburg, OH(Zone 5a)

So strange how micro climates work HUH??? We're in the same zone and I'm just getting buds!!! How old is your incense??? I just bought mine this spring in a one gallon cont. from a local nursery who bought it from Logees..

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

I'm still here too and survived the brug seed pods taking forever last winter to ripen!! My Violacea #3 took forever to open, had buds for the longest time.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Michele, mine has been blooming for some time now and is definitely one of my favorite vines. I'm having trouble getting cuttings to root though. Sure would like to get some started for next year. I think it was Dave that said the tap root is quite long and this plant is hard to dig. Yours looks great. Isn't the smell wonderful?

Brugie, can you find a piece of tip growth or new growth that doesn't have a flower bud? That kind roots easiest. If you lose yours I'll have some(Lord willing, lol)

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

That is what I've been looking for, but right now, everything has buds. This thing has really been prolific. Thanks, I'll surely find something before frost. If not........I might have to call on you.........again. :-)

Perrysburg, OH(Zone 5a)

IT FINALLY BLOOMED!!!!!! I'm so happy, I've been waiting and waiting. Oh the incense is just soooooo beautiful, and the smell....I cut it and put in a vase but it seems to be withering :( but there are plenty more blooms to come!!!

Lima, OH(Zone 5a)

My plant is 3 yrs. old. The blooms usually only last one day, but you can smell them when you get close to the plant.
Hope you keep yours' a long time also.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I lived through it! LOL

Thumbnail by Badseed
Lima, OH(Zone 5a)

Thank Heaven. That was worth waiting for!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

LOL And she smells so nice!!!

BS, I see you've learned patience. I'm a very patient person, never cut into blooms early or seed pods either.
It's beautiful, don't you just love it?

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

SSSOOO pretty!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.