Molissima

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

I missed it when it was fully open, but got this pic before it was completely closed.

Thumbnail by Calalily
Palmyra, VA(Zone 7a)

You need to get a fruit from that, I read it has banana flavor.

Tim, it's a different class of passifloras, what do I pollinate it with?

Palmyra, VA(Zone 7a)

Its own pollen, I believe it is self fertile.

Oh cool!!! I should have tried that. I've got more buds. This one is slow to flower, I cut it way back in early summer because it was out of control.

Lol! I is shaped like a banana; but it doesn't taste like a banana at all. It is really sour; worse than any fruit I've ever eaten. (I would rather eat 10 durians, than eat this one!)

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Calla - you have this one in a basket? I grew this one from seed last year & planted it in the ground. It doesn't look like there are any blooms coming.

I have a small one in a basket, this one is in a 20 gallon pot with a brug. It completely covered the brug, grew to the ceiling of a greenhouse, and was huge. I cut it back to get it out of the GH. It's just now starting to flower. It was a full year old before it put on buds the first time.

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Cala is this one easy to root? I don't know if my big plant will handle being dug up.

Poppysue, it's not the easiest, but you will get good success. Take tip cuttings, 3 nodes from the tip(don't count the tip as a node), dip in root hormone(I like Schultz) and root in vermiculite, sand or perlite.

Palmyra, VA(Zone 7a)

arsenic,

I read that P. vitifolia fruits are good too, wrong, they were really sour!!

Helsinki, Finland(Zone 4b)

Yes, Mollissima fruits (sold with name Curuba) are very sour...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.