Erodium carvifolium

Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

A new acquisition. Very bright for an erodium i think, my others are all very delicate in comparison.

Thumbnail by philomel
Bolton, Greater Manc, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

It certainly socks you in the eye :D I grow a few of these too. I prefer the paler ones really with the grey green foliage and cheeky faces :)

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

I love it! It would be perfect to plant in those areas viewed out a window where the color would still be vibrant even at a distance.

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8a)

Now this is a pretty and unusual lady! and she grows around 2-5" tall??? or???? Elaine

The leaf mound is probably about that 1601, but the flowers are held well above that height. I'll have a look in the morning and try and give you a better idea.

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

What a beauty, Philomel! Such a beautiful showy bloom on a tiny plant! I'll bet these erodiums won't grow here :(

Antrim, Northern Ire, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

i'm gonna have to get a few more to plant in my new beds

My collection's growing - i'm clearing out my raised beds in the front to keep them in, they need good drainage

I should think some of them will Weez. I can try sending you some bits/seeds?

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Would love to try some, Phil. I just love these little fellows.

You're on Weez. I'll see what i can come up with. Spose it's too tricky to send cuttings?

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Probably so, Phil. At least, I think the repercussions are worse. Best to talk to someone in the UK about cuttings. I think seeds are much less a problem... or at least less problems if caught.

Sorry, somehow this came off my 'watched' threads :(
I'll have a look and see if i can glean any seeds Carol

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Sure, Phil, don't worry about it. If not this year, then next. I've been collecting seeds like crazy around here. I was invited to a girls night out at a local restaurant, but had to stop at their planter outside to pick nasturtium seeds. I gleaned a whole coat pocket full... got them drying now!

I've got some from this plant. They don't look very fat, so i hope they're viable - time will tell
Yes, i'm catching the bug too. Well done with the nasturtiums!

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

I also harvested my meconopsis grandis seed yesterday, so I need to send out here and there. I've got to check the old thread. I'm letting the somniferum pods stay on the plants as long as possible, but I'll have to cut them soon, as the pots need to be dumped. We've had a couple nights in the low 30's, so it's time!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.