Welcome ElJefe.

Crossville, TN

Farizona came over to spend a couple of days with me...so we went to the Cactus Research Center in Bizbee, AZ. here we met ElJefe and introduced him to our wonderful garden. Give him a nice Dave's Garden welcome...and you want to know ANYTHING about cactus or succulents...here is the place to go!

http://www.arizonacactus.com/

David has agreed to add some cacti to our PDB...

Welcome to DG, Eljefe! I know you will love this place, the people are the best. Glad you have joined us.

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Great! A big hearty welcome to DG! You'll love it here!

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

A Texas howdy to ya Eljefe........take off yer boots and stay awhile!! I know we will love what you can share with us, and I know you will find a lot here in return.

"eyes"

Fountain, FL(Zone 8a)

Welcome from the Florida panhandle,ElJefe!!! You have found a great family here. Now don't laugh,but I can manage to kill cacti from lack of water. :-(( Some day my thumbs may actually turn green. LOL

Bowie, AZ(Zone 8B)

Welcome ElJefe, and thanks again for the tour of your CRC.
Now that I know where you are located I will be back again.
Enjoy the Dave's Garden web site. And meet the greatest people anywhere!!
Farizona

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Welcome to Dave's. I'd love to hear more about cactus...or is that cacti?

Dear Members: Thank you for the hearty welcome to this most important site. I am honored to be a part of this and look forward to sharing information about our desert plant friends. I have limited my study to the desert plants for the past 55 years and am happy to say I am still learning. Arizona Cactus Botanical Garden is located on the extreme west edge of the Chihuahua Desert at 4,570 ft. above sea level. We're a cold desert, with snow twice a year, whether we want it or not! Our mission is simple. Grow the cold desert plants without water or fertilizers and teach people to quit making Arizona look like Kentucky! Our water is our future!
con Muchos Regards!
Give me a day or two to get organized and we'll soon have a Cactus forum.

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

We have a succulent forum, Eljefe.

"eyes"

Welcome ElJefe:) I hope you will feel at home here!

Ewing, KY(Zone 6a)

A big welcome from Ky. I am sure you will like it here.

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Welcome to Davesgarden. We are honored to have you join us, and we will encourage you to talk about your favorite subject! I am from the east side of Oregon where we have some cactus, or at least one. I sent one to roadurnner so you can look at it and tell me what it is. I hope to have a nice collection of cacti someday. They are fascinating.

Grove City, OH(Zone 6a)

Bienvenidos, El Jefe.

I deeply regret that I am unable anymore to continue my welcome in Spanish. I lived in the magnificent state of Arizona for several years, and it was with deep regret that I had to leave it to return to OH. I am so glad that cacti and succulents will have a strong knowledgeable person here! I can't wait to see everything you have to show us.

I do believe I will join our local Cactus and Succulent Club; I attended their show and sale a couple of weeks ago, and of course couldn't resist buying a few.

You are very welcome, I know I will be spending much of my time at the newly named forum, surrounded by my friends.

Chapel Hill, NC(Zone 7a)

Welcome friend. I share your fascination for cacti and have a couple of hundred in the front garden. I'm keen to learn more. I only have three species that I have found resilient enough for North Carolina winters, though I'm sure there are more and am keen to find them.
As for succulents, a rather distressing event has befallen. While visiting my brother in Florida, I returned to find the deer had mercilessly eaten them. What can one do but hyperventilate at such catastrophe? Various sizeable stone crops, jades, and several others, munched to the ground!

Crossville, TN

Shahin...A lot to be said for hunting season, eh? Jo

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

ElJefe.....Welcome :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.