A Monarch Caterpillar

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

I've watched this guy since he was just a tiny little worm and now he's gone off to make a cocoon somewhere. Still hoping to find him!
Don't you love his little feet?

Thumbnail by Floridian
Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

Oh wow, what plant is he on?

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

Weeds, he's on the Monarch host plant, Milkweed. This one is A curassavica.

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Floridian: Yes, his feet are amazing! These are such clear pictures. Thanks so much for sharing them.

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

Thanks Weez!

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

I just have to sigh with envy when I see all these exotic creatures that thrive in your warmer climes. While we suffer few pests in the garden, we also are without all these lovely catipillars and butterflies. The photos are just wonderful.

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

Last year we had them on a. incarnata, about 50 at a time. We roped off the plants at the nursery. It was fun watching them grow. This year because so many froze in Mexico, we don't have many.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

I saw my first monarch of the year about a week or two ago, and I've only seen two so far. I miss them!

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

Oh so that's what happened to them, I wondered. I'd noticed that there were only a few this year. How sad. I wonder how long it will take them to recover? I sure miss them too!

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

It was on CNN, I think back in Jan/Feb. They said it would take years to recover and were urging everyone to plant butterfly nectar sources and larval food plants.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.