three archers.

Rethymno, Crete, Greece(Zone 10b)

In some Olympics, three archers are due to compete the following day. The night before, as they have become friends, they drink beer in the pub, and after many pints they agree to have a contest in the pub.

The first, a Swiss, says he can hit an apple on top of the head of the young girl who serves the beer. They pay her a lot of money, and she poses, right there, with an apple on top of her head. He aims, he shoots the arrow, and splits the apple on top of her head!! "Hurray", he says, "I am William Tell !!". They all cheer, they have another pint.

The second, British, he says he will split a twig on her head!! No, yes, come on, they give her more money, she stands with the twig on her head. He aims, he shoots, he splits the twig!! "Hooray", he says, "I am Robin Hood !!". They cheer, they have another pint.

The third, Irish, says he will split a pea on her head !! This is impossible, but no, he will do it, they give her more money, she poses with a pea on her head. He aims, shoots, hits her on the chest, the girl dies. He shouts:
I am Very Sorry ..

This thread has 2 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!