Mark, camera question...

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

what was the name of the lense you told me that i could use for my Minolta Maxxum 300si? It is an AF zoom 35-70mm. I want to get a "generic" macro lense that will work with my camera. I forgot what 2 brands you told me i could use...thanks, Lisa

Palmyra, VA(Zone 7a)

Lisa
Instead of buying a new lense, why not just buy a macro kit? The kit contains screw in lense(s) that you can just add to your 35-70mm lense. What you need to know is your lense size, 49mm , 51mm etc, then get the kit with the proper size. I think they rate them 1x, 2x, 3x, etc, and you can use more than one at a time.
link has a pic of what it should look like.

http://www.ritzcamera.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ExecMacro/ritzcamera/home.d2w/report?Krypto=0xTbhRcOn6d2ypSTFtyq6qPjT%2FVrsqAumYjNqwQ7di8l9Xm56%2BvSXlEt9fHSdeP2L9d6LETYoc3tiHf1laSCCCYyYMrjjY%2BwYMjidEgOmMB4CH%2BzCUFECrsANMm%2F54Xuv2Aj931vcH%2B7CkkcvN53XQTqgX%2BxAE%2F0IMEmfUQFuJEmLNm50K76tcZemw2momRO6AooIoZPoAw%3D

Antrim, Northern Ire, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

DONT buy a macro kit!!

I'll reply more later. sorry Tim

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

okay, thanks guys..!!!

hi Justme

here is a link to a 50mm macro that will let you take shots as close as 9 inches. it's in stock right now for only $90 which is half price.
http://www.photoalley.com/pa/shopProductDetail.cfm?id=3836001C-0001-2D3C-00000F9C00000F9C&mid=SIG&uid=0007272F-3EB3-1994-AB6680B3754DFDE0

the reson why I jumped in re the macro kits is because they aren't macro kits even if the are advertised as that. They are only magnifying lenses that screw on the front of the regular lens. I started with these and couldn't wait until I got the real thing.

If you have a 52mm lens I'll gladly send you the 2 magnifying lenses I dont use any more.

Mark

This message was edited Monday, May 14th 7:24 PM

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Mark, what about the other accessories on the page? Is that necessary to get too? Tiffen Neutral Density - 55mm
Price: $12.95, Tiffen Photo Twin Pack - UV-CP - 55mm
Price: $38.95,Tiffen 812 Warming - 55mm ...Or is that not for my type of camera...I don't really know a whole lot about lenses, but I do know that I want to get some really nice close up shots with my camera..I want to order it today so if you can help me out...thanks!! Lisa

i dont use anything else with my lenses other than a protective plain glass cover that screws onto the front of the lens. It protects the lens from scratches and dirt.

that company is the one from which I bought my 50mm macro and 100mm macro. They dont seem to do the 100mm macro for your camera. I would phone and ask first. it's toll free in the US. The 100mm lens allows you to be a bit further back from the subject but give the same 1:1 image size with a better depth of field. In a few moments i'll post you a shot on the photo forum showing how close you can get to a flower.

go for it Lisa

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.