Frame is UP!!!!!

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

Finally the frame is up and its attached to the house,still have to knock the hole in the wall for the sliding glass doors...maybe this weekend.Its been so windy we don't know when we'll get the plastic up.......Any hints or helpful tips????

Thumbnail by crestedchik
Mason, MI

Wow! That's looking great so far, CC!
I'm so excited for you and so envious...
yours is attached to the house?
How cool is that?! :-)
Just pick a really calm day to put up the plastic.
Around here, it is always breezy, so finding a calm day to stretch our plastic took us awhile.
Of course, our calm, windless day (3 yrs. ago)
came just as the Detroit Red Wings were about to
drop the puck during a play-off game!
'Quickest job of putting on the plastic that you have ever seen! :-)

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

Yes, I'm excited.We are going to heat it so putting it attached to the house was required...for me.No other way to heat it plus access to water over the winter

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8a)

chik...it's lookin' great! always fun to see this building go up! I remember the first...yesterday, cleaning, pruning, etc was all I did..I am a little sore this morning...but it's all worth it in the end....Elaine

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

CC - I didn't know you were gonna attach it to the house. Cool!! That should give you lots of room this winter. It looks great so far. Keep updating us - I'd like to see how it turns out.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

how big is it??

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

Its 10 foot wide,20 feet long and 13 foot high in the middle.We were planning on getting the plastic on today ,it was calm out but I took so long to get the siding back on the house(outside the frame) ,then Chuck caulked around the wood...by that time it was Dark(most of my day was spent washing Chickens for the show tomorrow)

I wanted it attached.There is no way To water in the winter unless its attached to the house....plus its easier for me to go in there.....My own little house......

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

got a comfy chair??? can't wait to see it happen for you!

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

Gunna have a comfy chair,a TV.....a cooler.......NO PHONE!

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

that's the trick!!! I think I'll do that in my plant room. roughly the same size. if I have room to sqeeze in between the brugs

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

CC, mornings are usually calmer. The temps need to be around 70-75, don't do it when it's too hot. It looks great!!

Woodsville, NH(Zone 4a)

CC, It looks so good and attaching it to the house was the way to go. Last year We had to carry 15 gal. jugs out everyday through the ice and snow.No easy task. Can't wait to see yours all finished. How are you going to pump the heat out to your GH? Fan?

Coal Center, PA(Zone 6a)

You are going to love this ((o: Nice greenhouse!

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

OK,got some of the covering on.......

and yes,I had to put some plants in there to try it out

Thumbnail by crestedchik
Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

Lookin good.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.