Violacea Form #3

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

It surprised me, I wasn't expecting blooms and happened to look up and see one whole branch loaded with buds. I know if I give credit for this plant, I'll get it wrong, so I'll just say "I can't remember who it came from."

Thumbnail by Calalily
Lima, OH(Zone 5a)

Pretty, came from me.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

I was just fixing to post that Gloria!! that I figured it might, mine just bloomed yesterday for the first time and I love it!!! thanks sooooo much.

Palmyra, VA(Zone 7a)

Susie,
Wait til your racemosa bloom, the branches will be loaded with buds, and you will have colors for weeks.

Tim, I love the passifloras. Most have been blooming all summer. The vitifolia has started up again. Racemosa is still small, but growing.

Palmyra, VA(Zone 7a)

Susie,
P. racemosa is slow to start from a cutting. The ones I sent out earlier this year were rooted from last year, they sit around for 4-6 months. I have a few rooted from March, no new growth yet!
Picture: http://davesgarden.com/s/281504.html

Tim, very important for P. racemosa, DON'T pinch out the growing tip or they will sit there forever. You have to wait till they are growing strong before you pinch.

Palmyra, VA(Zone 7a)

What tips? These were rooted from cuttings and layering. I sent the tips to you earlier this year. BTW any luck with 'Byron Beauty' from the cuttings or the root? Margaret's (Louisa) 'Byron Beauty' is flowering like mad!!

No, I'm a bad plant mommy. I finally gave up on the roots, and I think I've managed to kill the last of the cuttings. I'll just have to go snip a few out of Margarets yard when she isn't looking!!

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Calla - it's nice to know that even you kill a plant now & then!! LOl. I love the color on this one.

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

I love it too....I like the ones with different colors

Oh, if y'all only knew how many I'd killed!!! Remember that thread about brug abuse? Well, if Carol came to my garden today, she would have evidence that I'm a bad plant mommy. I just don't have enough sprinklers or water pressure to water it all at once.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.