i promised i would post this for you RoadRunner

Tucson, AZ(Zone 9a)

This is an actual email that DH sent to our workplace (when we were still working together)

The newest editions to the Reid Family

If this is a bit long, I apologize but I have so much to tell.

The process as you can expect started many months ago, although neither Joanna nor myself were quite aware of it at the time. The first true hints that something strange was going on actually did not happen until last week with Joanna not quite feeling herself (and taking a week off for sick time). Most of the usual warning signs were absent or masked by other symptoms.

Suddenly on Saturday night just after work it happened. We had always talked about having children after we were married but neither of us thought we would be thrust into parenthood so soon. The first male Reid was delivered around 9:37PM (I was a bit distracted at the time so the exact time is not quite certain) on August 12th at home. Very shortly after that his brother (the now youngest male Reid on record) made his debut and arrived as well, much to my shock (and delight). There was not much time for preparation since neither of us was aware of what was going to eventually happen. There was not time to call anyone or even get Joanna out of the house. (Side note: home birth is a very messy process, for those of you interested in such things.) For those other parents out there: if you thought one was a handful, try two at the same time! Both little guys are healthy and have all the right appendages (they do make there father proud ) with the right number digits as well.

A very exhausted Joanna and I were hoping to get some sleep last night but the two little ones kept waking us up, crying for attention, food and other bodily functions. Go figure. (Yes I am new at being a proud parent, and I had no idea how demanding new family members can be!!!) The two little guys seem to be hungry all the time, but other than that they are very well behaved (despite being in the world for such a short period of time).

Joanna is back on her feet and doing very well, especially considering she now has two charges under her care. I am also doing fairly well, but still in a bit of shock. It seems like only a short while ago Joanna and I just got married, and neither of us expected our small family to grow by two in the Month of August. For those of you who next see Joanna, be sure to congratulate her and be understanding if she is a bit tired.

After much deliberation and debate Joanna and I have finally agreed on their names. (Yes I do try to save the best for last.) As a true sign that we have spent too much time thinking about MS Proxy and work in general (I just finished taking the MS Proxy class and we both support the product) our two little darlings are named: Winsock and Proxy! Winsock is just a little over 11 inches long and weighs in at just over a pound. Proxy is about 10.5 inches long and weighs in at just a whisker (literally) over a pound. Both kittens are boisterous and energetic. Both are fine additions to the Reid family and we are very proud to call them ours.

For those of you laughing at our choice of Winsock and Proxy, you can never take those two too seriously! Both cats seem to be happy with their new names (not like they have a say in the matter) and happy with us as well. They certainly act like they own the place!

For all of you who read the whole email, I hope you enjoyed it. Have a great day from the Reid family.

Cris Reid

This thread has 5 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!