My Luffa's

Crossville, TN

The first picture is taken a few weeks ago...before I returned home on Aug 11th.

Second was this morning...as were the rest of them.

Dave, how much bigger do you think they will get? I do have a lot of tiny ones still forming too. I usually water twice a day since monsoon hasn't lived up to expectations this year. We have only had 7.7 inches of rain this year...about half of what is needed. Jo

Thumbnail by roadrunner

rr: they have a little ways to go, I think, but you are definitely going to get some good luffas this year. Congrats!

I've had some mature smaller than this, and most a bit bigger. Horseshoe definitely has the DG record for his "Luffa in Rocking Chair" from 2001. :) I'll have to try to dig that picture up.

dave

Crossville, TN

Dang... Thanks, Dave....now I have to try to beat my "mentor"!! LOL Jo

Tucson, AZ(Zone 9a)

I didn't get any this year! I think I need to water more.

Dayton, OH(Zone 5a)

Beauties, RR!!!

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

Jo, the ones on ur hands are fit to eat. they are sweet when stir fried or in boiled chicken. however if u want to use them as bath sponge, allow them to thoroughly dry. u will get lots of seeds in each fruit. there will be more fruits and don't be surprise.

Dayton, OH(Zone 5a)

Jo, I reread this thread and was reminded (again) of the movie, U.S. Marshalls, were Robert Downey Jr. expresses himself to Tommy Lee Jones in a deviating expression of his feelings. He says, "... you being my mentor & all..." with a soft, southern accent. I just couldn't get that out of my mind since I first read your post ~ lol. Please, don't take offense, I just couldn't get that out of my mind so I thought I should post it, and then I could sleep soundly :)

Dave was my inspiration to growing gourds & louffas this year & I'm glad he's got the experiences to share with us :)

Crossville, TN

Thanks Mavierose, I don't think i'll eat them though...I'll stick to broccolli...LOL
]
Morph...I hope you were able to sleep.....I get that way with a song or phrase. By "my mentor" I meant 'Shoe and Mystic...they are the ones I have bothered will all my questions. But I'm sure Dave woulde have been a very good "mentor" also....but don't have him on my MSN....LOL Jo

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Those are great looking luffas, Jo. You're really getting into this gardening thing, ain't it fun!!

Crossville, TN

Fun? Fun? When you stay up all night worrying that a coyote will eat your babies?? Well, like all babies...they grow up to make Mama proud!! Lol Thanks! Jo

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.