my new desert rose

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

I have wanted this for a long time and finally treated myself.

Thumbnail by Kell
High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

very lovely flowers Kell :)! i bought one in HD. still small and no flowers yet. hope this url's help... http://www.vassl.com/tropicalgarden/adenium.htm , http://www.cactus-mall.com/andre/large.html , http://www.bonsai-bci.com/species/adenium.html

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

gorgeous, it's always been one of DH's favs. But we've killed 3 now, so we don't get them anymore:)

tiG,
Some way I have managed to keep mine alive for 5 years now...I think the key is not to over water it.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

we may give it another shot now that I'm getting better at taking care of things:)

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Glory, do you keep it ooutside all summer then in on a window sill during the winter? Does that window face south wiht lots of light?

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Kell, you did it. I knew you would. Very pretty.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Too pretty to not get it! He had a huge dark pink one also, a hybrid. I was good and walked on by!

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Dark PinK? Wow, I bet it was something. If I lived out there, I probably would have chosen it.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

sure Brugie, egg me on!

Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

kell I always manage to kill this plant..I water them too much in winter and keep them too cool in winter..this plant wants warm conditions during winter sleep.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

I will try!!! I would hate to kill it! That is why I didnot buy the other one. I wanted to see how I did with this one. I have no GH. Wish me luck..lots of it!

Kell,
I pretty much keep mine in the greenhouse all the time....I have a 60% shade cloth on my greenhouse.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

I wish I had I wish I had...............

Newberry, FL(Zone 8B)

my gardening buddy here has one in a huge pot that is taller than me, it is something when it's all in bloom. glad you got it, kell. i killed one, won't try it again.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

In a GH Arlene? If not, what is the secret? Pls take a pic when flowering........must be quite a sight!

Newberry, FL(Zone 8B)

greenhouse! although they set it right outside the greenhouse in summer. will get a pic.

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

Kell, Adenium's are very forgiving plants, provided they are not overwatered. they can withstand draught, it case u forgot to water them. just place by the window to get lots of light, and they will do just fine.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

i hope so ma vie........where have you been all night? I needed a friend.............

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

i'm here all along :)! i see u've gotten urself a new name. it is a nice name, is Esmeralda is emerald in spanish.

This message was edited Wednesday, Sep 4th 1:33 AM

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

tiG cannot take a joke LOL!!!
So how are you Ma Vie?

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

am fine but tired. did a lot of work in the garden today. u gals are so funny... hehehehehehe

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

i was looking on ebay today for some toner. is that what you do, sell toner on ebay?

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

we sell ink refills for Lexmark's & Compaq printers. new cartridges for Epson and Canon printers. if u are looking for toner, u must have a laser printer? sorry we do not have toners.

we have printers of the above named printers to test the products we sell to give proper and accurate instruction for the ink refills - black and color inks.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

I need it for a copier at work. I just realized I have been paying double to the company that has our service contract!

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

when we had a laser printer, we bid on ebay for toners. we gave the laser printer to the UPS delivery person, since he is so nice and prompt in delivering the supplies we order.

if ur lucky on ebay, u will find one that will sell them so cheap! good luck.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

I can take a joke, can you??? hehehe

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

But I am afraid of YOUR jokes tiG!!!

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

be afraid, be very afraid!!! LOLOLOLOL!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.