DD's room is in progress!

Jacksonville, TX(Zone 8b)

I've finally made some progress with a room in the house!
My goal in this room is to have the dream room for a little girl, and I think that I am on my way :)

The room was first painted with lavendar paint. Then, I did a reverse stencil technique with butterflies. The butterfly clipart was sent to me by SMSpear1 (thank you!!!). I mixed my own glaze using the original lavendar paint. At first, I just added white to the paint, but there wasn't enough contrast for the butterflies to show up, so I ended up darkening the paint color and adding water. I rolled the paint on with a small roller, then wiped it in swirls with an old sock. I don't know how well the texture shows up in the pictures, but the effect is stunning! It really looks dreamy in there.

Dave added the shelving all the way around the top to hold all of her collectables, and to keep them safe :)

Now, I need to add a little artwork on the walls, and find some bedding and curtains.

http://davesgarden.com/gj/trish/viewentry/6182.html

Trish

This thread has 10 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!