Fairies in my Garden

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

I wrote this for my grand babies but thought some of you fairy lovers might enjoy it also.

Fairies

There are fairies in the garden...I know that this is true...for sometimes I catch a glimpse of them when I am passing through.

Sometimes I catch a little peek from the corner of my eye...They are playing hide and seek....they are very, very shy.

Sometimes I hear them giggle as they hide among the leaves....they ride worms that wiggle or they float upon a breeze.

They sip necter from my flowers and bathe in morning dew...they hide up in the bowers and watch me...yes, it's true!

They slide down on rainbows and pick up the colors on their wings....which they use to paint the flowers that grow and blossom every spring.

Fairies teach the birds to sing, they teach the bees to buzz, the ivy how to grow like string and pussy willow to grow fuzz....They teach ladybugs to fly and teach bullfrogs to croak....but with humans they are shy...and like to tease us with their joke.

They say people are not real....that children don't exist...but if you stop and listen you can hear them in the mist.

You say there are no fairies? You don't believe it's true? Well that's ok because....they don't believe in you!

Zanymuse

Port Huron, MI(Zone 5b)

You did an excellent job writing that. I really enjoy poetry
Sandy

great job! Really enjoyed it. I printed it out and going to secure on piece of wood and post in my garden. I enjoy posting different things in my garden like that...Do you have one for angels as well?

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Really nice zanymuse! Quite a talent you have ;o) A gal I work with says someone [some fairy?] has been leaving "Fairy Rocks" along a nature trail where her mother lives. Each rock is individually hand painted and signed "Fairy Rock" with a little message. She says they're really beautiful. I guess they're quite a surprise when you find them.

Zanymuse

Its not very often that I leave never never land,
but I hear about these things and came to read your poem.
Apart from what you wrote, which really marvelous ,It must be lovely to have a Nana like you

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Thank you all. I appreciate you comments very much. CoCo, as a matter of fact I have several angel poems and will post them for you as soon as I find the disc I saved them on. I never thought of making a garden sign with them! great idea.

Tinklebell! so kind of you to visit! Fly by anytime! I promise not to set any fairy traps. But I will snap a photo of ya if given half a chance.

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

thank you for sharing your wonderful talent with us. what a delightful poem. i will not enter my garden again with the same perspective. i won't be able to resist trying to spy a fairy. and to think i lived so long and never knew.
thank you
debi z

Edgewood, MD(Zone 7a)

This is so neat that I would see this today! I was looking at the website of a herb nursery in NJ called well Sweep Herb Farm. I have heard of the nursery in several magazines and books as they are known for some of the unusal herbs they carry and was looking to see how long it would take for me to get to their farm *planning to go in a week or two* and there was a photo of a *fairy garden*. I showed the picture to my daughter and asked her if she would like to make a *fairy garden*! I thought it would be perfect for a 6 year old who loves to garden! I would love to use your poem, or parts of it, in our *fairy garden* if I may. Once it is done I will be sure to post a picture! :-)

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

ReddKatt It makes me very happy to think my little poem can be used in your fairy garden:*} Please post pictures and I know your little girl will have fun helping you.

I love fairies and am always looking for new ways to incorporate them into the garden.

There must be others out there with ideas. Please share them with me!

Poppysue, Fairy rocks sound wonderful! What a great treat for those who take time to look around them!

This message was edited Saturday, May 12th 2:13 AM

(Zone 9a)

Cute poem, Zanymuse! I'm sure your grandchildren will love it. Thanks your sharing your gift for poetry with us. While I was reading it, I drifted off into fairyland for a moment. Your grandchildren are very blessed to have you in their lives.

You never really doubted there were fairies at the bottom of the garden, did you?

Moorestown, NJ(Zone 7b)

Lovely poem!!! I truly enjoyed it! I am a fairy-lover too! I know they exist! :-) I talk to them all the time in my garden (along with petting the bumblebees)! :-) LOL!

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

They peep out from the shadows
and they sit upon the ground
And I'm delighted they followed
when I had to move to town!

Thumbnail by Zanymuse
Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

Zany, you are most awesome at poetry. You should go to poetry.com and enter one there. I entered one and actually got it published in a book :)
you could write children's books too. you have a great way with words. I always stumble and get stuck and don't quite know what to say so my posts are generally just sort and simple too unless I have a day of rambling.........LOL

Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Zany,

I get goosebumps everytime I read one of your poems!!! You sure do have a way with words and I love it. I wish I could do something like this for my grandchild, but I guess I will just have to teach him about the ways of the garden.

Donna

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Thank you for your kind words. I am not a very good poet but I do have fun with words and rhymes.

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

you are too a good poet and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.........you really should go over to that poetry site and enter.........imagine the thrill I had to find out one of my poems would be published in a book with my name on it..........you will feel so thrilled!!!! If I can do that, you surely can!!!!!!! You're better than I am

okay, you where the one who wrote that. I was in the store the other day and had seen this little fairy statue and then I remembered reading some sort of poem on DG but couldn't remember who posted it and when.
Thanks for bringing this back up again zany.

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

Oh Zany. I just now found this thread. The poem is lovely! Oh, to be a child again and be able to believe in all of the wonderful things that we had to learn are untrue when we grew up!

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

UNTRUE? Why Lotusblossom! Fairies are as real as the birds and bees and they always will be real for me! For inside this body now wrinkled with age is a is a childlike book with page after page of mystery and delightful dreams where the fairies dance on gossimer wings!

Barnesville, GA(Zone 8a)

Awwwww, Zany :~D
Lucky grandbabies!

Milo, IA(Zone 5a)

Awwh, Zany: How true, we all need to keep abit of the child inside ourself. I too, love the fairies and collect fairy graphics. This past winter when their was fresh snow glistening on the ground, my DH on the way to work would say that the fairies were dancing in the snow. He believes too.

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

fairies..huh..wish I had fairies..I have a dadblame Armadillo. ok, sorry, had to vent, didn't mean to hi-jack.

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

I'm guessing that your Armadillo
is not a very welcome fellow ?

We don't have an Armadillo here
they EAT fairies, or so I hear!

So if you want to have fairies about
You'll need to kick the Armadillo out!

This message was edited Oct 14, 2003 9:49 AM

Brooksville, ME(Zone 5a)

that was terrific

West Monroe, LA(Zone 8a)

OH! I love your poem so much. I just "finnished my 1st web page and already am putting stuff together to add a "fairy " section about my fairy garden. I was wondering if I could use your poem to open it. Of course I'd credit you. THanks Ginger Gaia

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

that is a very very cute poem!

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Wow! I can't believe you ever found this old thread!

GingerGaia, I would be honored for you to use it. Please send me a link to your site when you have it up and running so I can check out what else you find.

Karrie20x, thank you for your kind words also. I am always happy for feedback on my little poems.

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

:-) I want to share it with my garden neighbors, Dee & Cindy! May I?

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Karrie20x, please feel free to use it , share it and enjoy it!

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

thanks!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.