had posh nosh tonight

Antrim, Northern Ire, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

Got an invite from Lord and Lady Antrim to have an evening meal with them to discuss their bats and others that live on the estate.

Their cottage dates back to 1720 when the family first arrived from bonnie Scotland. Each generation since then has used the house. The family was given the name Antrim when the royality back in the day wanted to keep the rowdy Scots happy and at peace.

He cooked (!!) Artichokes for starters, or should I say "a pair o teef", followed by chicken fillets marinaded over night in freshly squeezed lemon juice served with fried onions and sliced 'shrooms, new spuds and cauiliflower cooked in home grown tomato puree. um ummm. followed by apple pie. a lovely wine to drink too "Domain Belle Croix Borgogne Alipote"

too late to see their bats by the time wee were done chatting and stuff so I brought them down to the river to see Daubenton's bats fishing for flies.

Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

Sounds great Mark.
So you still haven't found out whether they have "a better breed" there, lol.
You seem to be surrounded by cordon bleu cookery, something not many people would associate with N Ireland. Now i know better :)

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom

This sounds really great Mark! I hope you enjoyed it. sounds like you did.

Unfortunately my mind returns to that wonderful Two Ronnies sketch. I can just picture the fun that Ronnie Barker would have had with "Your bats Milady"!!!!!!

Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

LOLOL Double entendre at its best!

LOL Northerner!

Mark

How nice of them to invite you to dinner!

yep it was unexpected. it started out being a regular go visit and advise them about their bats

Bolton, Greater Manc, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

are their gardens impressive too? are they gardeners themselves?

their garden is 100s of acres of parkland, woods, river Bush, farmland

the immediate area around the house is gardened as we would know it with shrubs and perennials

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.