Dahlias down the fence

Salem, OR(Zone 8a)

Doing OK, but not as amazing as in years past. I still love them. Keep picking and they keep blooming.

Thumbnail by penny4
Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

How tall do this get in your neck of the woods, Penny? They look pretty tall in the pic. Do you still have that big pie plate sized one that's pink?

Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Oh Penny these are gorgeous. Between you and Lenjo, my dahlia collection will multiply faster. I also love Dahlias, I have 7 now and everyone of them is different. My favorite one right now is "Kelvin Floodlight". It is a bright yellow dinnerplate and the blooms just keep coming.

Welcome back dear friend, I've been thinking of you a lot lately.

Donna

Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

My uncle used to raise dahlias for show. He's gone now, but I have his old slides (encased in glass). I wonder if I can post them here somehow. Any ideas?

Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

Hi Penny :-) What a glorious riot of colour. I always forget that dahlias make good cut flowers. And what a bonus that the more you pick, the more you get!

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

WOW!!! I was just looking at Dahlia.com earlier, and never knew to plunge the stems in hot water after cutting. Did you? I'm going to tell my mom that, for she has some growing in her hummingbird garden.

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

Glad to find another dahlia lover, you are so right, just keep picking and they keep coming. And the cooler it gets toward fall, the more intense the colors. Where's Poulsbo? In the Sea-Tac area? Up in that area there is Connell's and they are a huge grower like Swan Island down here.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Penny those are beautiful!! With the drought and bugs, mine are not doing as well this year. Wonderful of you to share yours. :)

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

That looks like a magazine cover. Beautiful.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.