Red coral honeysuckle

Tyler, TX(Zone 8a)

FLSuncoast===== Is this the honeysckle that you were talking about?

Thumbnail by arptiger

How lovely! How many plants did you start out with and just how many years of growth is that? That is so full.
Can a person start that from cuttings? Would love to have some if a person could. Might even be able to find some on sale now in the nurseries. Will have to go look tomorrow to see what I can find. I just love that. It really is pretty.

Tyler, TX(Zone 8a)

CoCo I don't know about cuttings On one side of my place on a femce one was growins so I dug up a cople of roots and set them in the ground a couple years ago. You know I looked at this thing about a month or two back and it looked like seeds on it. I picked some of them so I don't know if they seed or not I will look again tomorrow to see if there is some more. If so I will get some more. When weather cools of I will try and get some root of it and start some.

(Zone 8a)

arptiger! It was you that posted this gorgeous plant! I have been wracking my brain trying to remember who it was....Whew! Now I can sleep tonite!

Thanks so much! And I hope this is it!

Tyler, TX(Zone 8a)

seedpicker I took this pic. back in the early spring this year. It still has a few blooms on it but the heat works on it as it is in the full sum.

Sarasota, FL(Zone 9a)

arptiger, A real DAH moment here. Mike was cruising DG and lurking, as usual, LOL and told me he had found this post. How the heck did I miss it????? Yeppers, that's what I am looking for, Coral Honeysuckle.

What a great shot! You have a beautiful plant, that is exactlly what I want the vine to do on my fence.

Annie

Chipley, FL(Zone 8a)

Annie, that's the one I am trying to dig up for you.

dobie, ON(Zone 3a)

Arptiger,
that is truly a beautiful plant. I bet your thumbs aren't green but black from working in the dirt.

Tyler, TX(Zone 8a)

The Texas heat works on the blooms this time of the year only a few where they can catch some shade. The leaves are still a nice green I didn't know they set seed but I picked a few this year. The ones the birds did not get first. Don't know if they will come up. I think I will plant one tomorrow just see what it will do If it does come up next year I will get me a BIG stick and collect some. That way I will have some to send out

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.