Is it cheaper?

Jacksonville, TX(Zone 8b)

OK- so you are in the process of trying to make your budget. Lets go ahead to the next step- how to spend that money.

Here's how I'm doing in. Feel free to do something totally different.

I bought a small notebook (purse size). I then made little ABC tabs, and wrote down things I know we eat, or need to cook. Everything! Pasta, cereral, potatoes, cokes, butter, yeast, ect. Now, my goal for the next week, is to go to the store with the purpose of price hunting. I want to know if Food City has "suchandsuch" for cheaper than Walmart. When I'm done, I should have prices for all or most of what I usually buy, as well as what store has the best deal on that item.

As Smilin noted in the other thread, it isn't enough to just know the price- I need to break it down by the ounce, pound, or unit. Then, when I make it to Sams, I can know if I am getting a good deal or not. Also, when those sale ads come out, I'll know if it is a REALLY good deal, I can really stock up!

A note on the sale ads: Most supermarkets and drug stores have their ads online, so even if you don't get the paper, you can still see the ads!

I also hear yesterday that you can go to samsclub.com and view their prices! I haven't checked into that yet, though. (Note to Vols- rumor also has it that you can order online, and pick up!!! Got to check that out!!!!)

Trish

This thread has 12 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!