Corkscrew Vine

New York, NY(Zone 7a)

I'm new at this, so I thought I'd start a new thread.

I planted a corkscrew vine earlier this summer. The catalog said it was a 'perennial' so I figured it would be fine through the winter. Now I've read that it may not be good in my zone (7). But I've had other things come back that should have absolutely failed, am I doomed? Should I take the roots inside and pot them for the winter?

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

Mine only came back one time here in zone 7a and then only one out of 4. The safest thing to do is take cuttings and root them to store inside over the winter. They are so easy(that is if you can find a stem without flowers this time of year)

Sarasota, FL(Zone 9a)

Calalily, Do you still have yours? That is a beautiful flower on that vine. That is one I am going to have to try and get for my garden. :-)

Good luck with yours c_t

Annie
FLsuncoast

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

yes, I have two planted in the ground in the Jungle House. I took several cuttings the other day. If you will email me again with that in the title, I'll save it.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

I took some cuttings about 5 or 6 days ago and they are already putting out some small root. I just put them in a jar of water and sat them in the shade. So far, so good.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.