Bow Tie Vine from Dee

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

Isn't it a beauty? This is the second flush of blooms it's had this summer. It just keeps growing and growing. Thanks Dee.

Thumbnail by Calalily
Ewing, KY(Zone 6a)

Wow that's really pretty I have never seen that one before.Will it go to the jungle house this winter Cala?

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

I've never heard of it. Nice bloom. Is it a tall or short vine? I like the color.

Chipley, FL(Zone 8a)

It is called Dalechampia descorifloria. It is not a short vine but does not seem to get out of hand either.

It will go into the Jungle House and of course I'm experimenting with cuttings.

Chipley, FL(Zone 8a)

Remember Susie, this can't take any cold, it is a zone 10 I think. I know that even here it won't survive outside in the winter.

Hamilton, Canada

Now this is really interesting with its bow shaped flower. Very nice indeed.

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

That's gorgeous...it isn't in the PDB!

Durham, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

i think it's euphorbia family

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Wow, Logee's catalog says those blooms will reach 5 inches in width. That would have to be beautiful to look at.

Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

Wow, I have to have one. I have got to get Logee`s catalog.

I might be talked out of a teeny rooted cutting I have.

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

I like that one!

Frederiksted, VI(Zone 11)

I would love to put that on the copper trellis my husband and I just built. Do you have any seeds to trade? I am drying Purple Orchid tree seeds for another trade but have enough for two trades. Also Sea Hibiscus seeds.

(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Calalily-
If you are still able to be talked out of your rooted cutting, I'd like to do some talking! lol...
Here is my trade page:
http://members.gardenweb.com/members/exch/taylor_tx
I've got lots of different vines, and a few not mentioned on there. I do have some tweedia caerulea, and some fejoia(pineapple guava seedlings, too).
-Taylor

Sorry guys, I got rid of the whole plant. I couldn't even touch the leaves without a severe allergic reaction and I was afraid to keep it. The rash it made was horrible and itched 10 times worse than poison ivy.

(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Sorry to hear it affected you like that! Poison ivy is HORRIBLE, can't imagine something WORSE!
YUK!

Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

Calalily,
I am so sorry to hear that, but VERY glad you posted it, because I have one that just recently sprouted. I will be extra careful!
Donna

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.