just caught my eye

Valley Head, WV(Zone 5a)

I was reviewing the introduction thread and several of you caught my eye/ or heart. Everyone is so friendly and we all have so much in common.

Grits - I was so glad to hear you say that about the grandkids and a week. I love our 3 grandkids dearly, but they do wear us out. A week is about all we can handle. Which makes me feel guilty to admit. And our poor dogs too. They get treated as 2nd class members of the family all week long and they don't know why.

Chris - I thought you might be in my neck of WV there for a minute. "Up the hollar" is common talk here. I wish I had the opportunity to raise our kids in the school system here. The elementary school is so neat - great teacher student ratio, plus the teachers know most of the kids parents too. The school building is a neat ole place too, with wood floors and lots of windows, etc.

Tom K - Country Magazine was our lifeline when we lived in the suburbs. I saved all my back issues when we moved to our piece of Heaven in the country, but haven't had them out in years.

Jersey - your garden rooms sound interesting, want to explain them further. What kind of sewing do you do? You should see my guest room bed - full of material. Not many women have the time to sew these days with having to work outside of the home. I'm one of the lucky ones who still has time - everything from lamb halters and sling to weigh them in, to curtains, etc. for the house, to clothing.

This thread has 3 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!