Look waht was on my vigna caracalla

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

I can't believe a fly would be after this. I didn't know I'd caught a fly in the photo either. I just wanted to capture the curls of the blooms.

Thumbnail by Calalily
Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Great picture Susie. Just love this vine. I even pick a cluster of blooms once in a while to sit beside my chair on the deck so I can smell them. Have you ever torn one apart to see the make-up of it? I found the pollen, but the stigma is a really long one. Just unusual all the way around.

Never thought about tearing one apart. Wonder if it would have to be a tiny bee to get inside?

Alfred, ON(Zone 4b)

cala this is a great shot,is that an ant on the right side?

Temuco, Chile(Zone 9b)

First time I see a Vigna. Nice picture.
Beautiful plant. Love it !

Zameluzza, you have good eyes!! It sure is an ant. Darned thing is probably bringing in a mealybug!! When I went to the Green Field Day at the Ag Experiment Station, they said everyone in the southeast is having mealy bug problems. At least mine aren't the peach ones that are in Fla. They said to spray with the Horticultural oil, only problem is it's been too hot to spray.
Christina, I can save you seeds if it makes any.

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

That's so beautiful Cala love that photo and wonder where to find the seeds if have??? Can you please tell me .

Redrose, there will be a big "bean" that will take several weeks to mature. Don't pick it till it starts turning brown.

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Ok thank you Cala, I will looking forward to it seeds.

Chipley, FL(Zone 8a)

Susie, this is definately different than the one I got from you at the Mar swap. The one I have is all purple and doesn't smell at all. Will try to get a picture of it today.

Dee, are you sure it was from me and not Justaysam?

Chipley, FL(Zone 8a)

Susie, Justaysam didn't come to the FL swap. If I didn't get it from you then maybe I got it from tiG. I know it was from one of you. This is the thing that has taken over FL. DH is complaining about no room on the deck. This has climbed up the deck, under the deck, under the stairs and out the other side and now is all over the flower bed on the other side. I didn't expect it to do all that. Gonna have to figure out what to do with it. Think I need to cut it back and move it before DH has a cow.

Dee, you're right, she wasn't there. Sounds liek the vigna caracalla, it is a rampant grower. Is yours fragrant?

Chipley, FL(Zone 8a)

No, it isn't fragrant at all, and the flowers are not as pretty as yours. Still if you need a good cover, this would do it. Outa control

Dee, I'll start you one of these as soon as it makes a branch without a flower bud.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.