name for Himalayense

Bolton, Greater Manc, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

This is a geranium I am hoping to register next year but need some help with the name. Any suggestions?

Thumbnail by psilo
Durham, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

blueberry ice, ice queen, glacier, blueberry swirl, ice-cap

This message was edited Wednesday, Aug 14th 6:54 AM

Blueberry ice I quite like as my husband has a passion to grow lots of currant bushes for his wine making.

quite suits it too, it reminds me of the carte d'or ice cream when you first open the lid, only with blueberries instead of strawberries.

does your husband make a lot of wine? my mum made elderberry one year, and also a gooseberry which was very nice ;D quite a sweet wine though.

yes but he drinks most of it because I have an alcohol intolerance so I drink very little. He does make the most georgous wine from cherries. I will gladly suffer for a small glass of that.

mmm cherry wine sounds gorgeous, i've had cherry beer and cherry brandy but not cherry wine.

It comes out like sherry, but pinker

Antrim, Northern Ire, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

annette

oops just looked again and didnt finish my sentence

I think you should look at other names og geraniums and other plants in the plant finder and then change one slightly to suit.

also try looking up the word white in a thesaurus

Mark

This message was edited Wednesday, Aug 14th 6:39 PM

what other names do you mean?

Antrim, Northern Ire, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

other plants have been named
White Knight
White Bridge
White City
White Gem
White Lightening
White Joy
Snow flake

snowy

there are so many repeating white knight/pearl/ness

there are so many possibilities in there

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8a)

just a suggestion! "pearly White" Elaine

I quite like Ben Blanc - Ben is my sons name and Blanc as Im sure you know means white

Jesteburg-Wiedenhof, Germany(Zone 8a)

Ben Blanc:
Sounds like the French have reached the highlands, lol.

Seriously though, it's a lovely flower Psilo, why don't you call it Ben white, or Ben Psilo (or your fam. name) White?

*just a wee suggestion"

Wintermoor

Doesnt have quite the same ring to it though does it? I quite like the illiteration of Ben Blanc. white seems so mundane, everyone uses it.

As for the highlands. we're not even close

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8a)

Gee, psilo, I reread this thread again and I do like the name.Ben Blanc! Elaine

I do too Elaine. I also quite like Avalance

Blenheim, New Zealand

what did you name this beauty?

actually Ive just realised that I havent registered it yet!! :O must do that this spring. I think I am going to call it Ben Blanc. I named my first hg after my daughter Jennifer and so my second will have to be after my son Ben and of course as you know blanc is french for white. I think it sounds good.

Have found a better photograph of it. When I first introduced this plant people thought that it was Derrick Cook. But it isnt. This hg grows no bigger than HG Irish blue and the veining on the flower is dominently blue instead of red. Watching it grow over the last 3 years this geranium is certainly a Himalayense of some type. I have managed to grow it from seed too but it wont flower until this summer so it will be interesting to see what the resulting flowers are like as the growth is certainly similar.

Thumbnail by psilo

Here is a comparison between Derrick Cooke on the right and Ben Blanc on the left. The difference in colour of the anthers and the veining can clearly be seen.

ooops sorry forgot the photo !! :S

Thumbnail by psilo
Blenheim, New Zealand

I can see they are different, and I really like the blue veining's, I am not up to scratch on a lot of the named HG so I am trying to educate my self on yours and marks threads, as well as your web sites, and any suggested sites in your threads. but I do know that I really like the highly veined Hg's Good name and we drink plenty Sav Blanc here.

Tellico Plains, TN(Zone 7b)

Because if the beautiful veining I see.......
"White Lace"
" Antique Lace"
"Tatted Lace"

JMHO
§hirley

This message was edited Jan 21, 2004 4:57 PM

love white lace shirley but as my first geranium was named after my daughter, my son would be mortified if i didnt name it after him!

Tellico Plains, TN(Zone 7b)

Oooopsie! ....LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.