a big ship arrived today

Antrim, Northern Ire, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

a very big ship which is actually a floating upmarket apartment block. it docked in Belfast this morning. the owners are trying to sell some of the remaining 30 apartments. the ship has 100 in total.

the price ranges from £1.6/$2.25 million to £5.30/$7.5 million.

the ship includes a full size shopping mall

I'm going to put my deposit on one in the morning.

not!

Versailles, CT(Zone 7a)

Wouldn't it be good if that money were spent on feeding the hungry, housing the homeless, stopping deforestation, planting trees, saving turtles, educating children to respect all life, and not just human life.

I'm not too fond of the rich!!

Antrim, Northern Ire, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

isnt it said that the rich dont like to part with their money? whats happening here then?

I agree with you too

Versailles, CT(Zone 7a)

To me it seems such a waste of money to spend it on a floating apartment and then passively floating round the world.

Apart from the other things the money could be spent on, ships don't have gardens - no digging potatoes, picking raspberries and coming back to the house with fennel, beetroot, beans, lettuce, parley, basil and a bunch of flowers, like I did this evening.

And the pleasure I get when I see all those fat earth worms doing my gardening for me, the ground beetles seeing off my enemies, earwigs likewise, the bees pollinating my raspberries, beans, courgettes, flowers and herbs and the birds calling to each other "worms ahoy lads". I wasn't alone in the garden this evening!

There are other ways of being rich!

Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

I saw this on TV a while ago and agree with both of you and all you say.
I think just one word somes it up - obscene.

Versailles, CT(Zone 7a)

Good choice of word, Philomel!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.