Wedding bells DID bloom

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

These looked like death-warmed-over when I planted them out. I never thought they'd survive ... but a couple of them did. This is the first bloom. It's about 4 inches across.

Thumbnail by poppysue
Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Sue, that is a great picture. You caught the sun on it just right. Nice color bloom too.

(Zone 8a)

Poppy...I am so glad for you! It is gorgeous! Mine have about quit blooming and only see 1 seed pod but hope to find more! Hopefully we will get a few seeds for next year!

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

I still have a couple of seeds left in the package in case they don't make any. Did you get lots of flowers on your vines Rebecca? I love this color.

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

Such a nice lavendar. Do you plant directly in place or do you try to start your seed early and transplant? I have done Heavenly Blue, Grandpa Ott, and they don't like transplanting. But they usually go after sitting a spell. I just never knew so much variety in MG's. Can't hardly wait till next spring.

(Zone 8a)

Poppy...no did not get a rush of them but they still bloom 1 or 2 a day! Like yours the vine looks pitiful but still growing!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.