buying a greenhouse

barrington, IL(Zone 5a)

hi all,
i'm brand new to this forum so forgive me if i ask stupid questions. my grandson and i are purchasing a greenhouse for the growing and eventual selling of exotic herbs(mostly culinary). we will probably buy the "gardener's complete greenhouse package" from all weather shelters as it is one of the less expensive packages that i can find. i realize that a 10 x 12 is not very big but at the time it's all we can afford....plus i can use the $ i save for the purchase of flats, growing medium, domes, seeds, etc.

my questions are: is anyone familiar with this company and their product and does anyone know of reasonably priced supplies such as flats, domes, etc? by the way, this website (dave's) is a real blessing.

Mason, MI

Welcome, Nicksgrammy!
Have you tried looking on the Garden Watchdog
(re: your company All Weather Shelters")?
Maybe someone has submitted feedback (on GW) on them.
I'd look there (on Garden Watchdog)
for general greenhouse supplies, too.
Best of luck to you with your greenhouse. :-)

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

don't know a thing about greenhouses, but want to welcome you. Make sure you click on 'preferences' on the right and check off all the forums that might be of interest to you. Some don't automatically show:)

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

Check with a company called Grow It in Conn. before you buy. That's where we get ours. They are a very small operation, and you may have to call to "prompt" them to send your stuff, but the money saved was worth it.

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

This is the Grow It link in the watchdog
http://gardenwatchdog.com/c/366/

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Don't know how big you want to go, but watch for super markets & such going out of business. Lots of hoop houses that are used in spring for plant sales at these places. Usually can get them for almost nothing. Easy to put up a size to what you want.
Good Luck!
Bernie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.