Another dahlia

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

This is Purple Gem, I have never thought of this as purple but more a fuschia color but I didn't give it its name.

Thumbnail by Lenjo
Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

Another lovely one. Lenjo, are these all from the swan island place?

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

Most of them are, this one isn't though. It has long long stems, a great picker. Pebble have you been to Swan Island before? You won't believe the variety? It is incredible. They even sell seeds, $10 for a package of at least 500 seeds. Every dahlia from seed is technically, genetically a new dahlia. So if you get one you like from seed you can save the tuber and then you will have the same and technically you could name it and have a new variety. We are raising 100 or so from their seed and there are some that look promising.

(Zone 5a)

Just to beautiful for words.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

What is swan island? I want to take a trip over there and get some of those seeds. Your dahlias are gorgeous and would love to have a variety with long stems.

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

Lenjo, no, I havent been there...

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

haighr, Swan Island is a dahlia nursery out here in Canby, Oregon. www.dahlia.com is their website.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Thanks Lenjo, I'll check it out.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Checked out dahlia.com. They will definitely be getting my business for next spring. Your dahlias are breathtaking!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.