Liatris

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

This a great cutflower. It dries beautifully too.

Thumbnail by Lenjo
Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

Mine are way slow in blooming this year.

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8a)

Lenjo.....you're right, this is one beautiful, long time bloomer! and your photography is great..right down to the sepals and the foliage! Elaine..I grow some of this also!

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

I love them. I had two plants this spring, and somehow managed to kill both of them. I need to study up and figure out what I did wrong and start over. Thanks for posting this and reminding me of how beautiful they are. I love the long bloomers.

Durham, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

mine's just coming into flower now, wierd how it starts from the top down ;D

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

Joan, Do you need seed for these?? I have plenty!! Let me know if ya do ok?

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Mollybee, you got mail! Thank you!

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

:) You're welcome Joan! Now you got mail!!

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Very pretty! I didn't know they grew from seed, I think I planted some bulb that didn't do well and finally died. Some of those would look good along my split rail fence, do you think I could get some for a SASE?

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

MaryE, Are you wanting some seeds? If so I would be glad to send you some for postage. Let me know soon!

Helsinki, Finland(Zone 4b)

I bought some white and common ones 2 last spring and planted them... they didn't bloom first year, and his year only 3 were alive, and 2 are starting tobloom now. They are socool looking :D But I'm sad the white ones aren't alive.. they would have looked nice with these.

Does anyone have seeds of other species than L. spicata? Some wild ones?

And why does the plant have such name - gayfeather? :S :]

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

LOL @ Evert! I only have the purple ones, but would also like to try the white ones too! So if anyone has seeds for the white I would love to try them too!

Durham, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

evert, until recently gay meant 'happy and joyful' - not the meaning it has today.

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

True Lilith very true!! Come to think of it the Liatris is a happy little plant isn't it?! Guess that is how it got it's name!

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

I have the white too,I planted a tuber-like root. I will watch for seed.

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

O Lenjo, please do!! You know where to find the seed don't you?? I'd love to try some. Do you have the purple? If not maybe we can trade.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

pssssssss i have white ones that will be going to seed soon!
just email me

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

Miss Martha you got mail hun!! LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.