Swan'sGlory

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

Another one.

Thumbnail by Lenjo
Newcastle, ON(Zone 5a)

Very different..is that a dahlia?

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

It is, Starrz. Look up dahlias.com and you will be at the Swan Island Dahlia site. I don't know how to do that hyperlink stuff.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Beautiful, a lot of my dahlias have perished in the heat, but still have a few left.

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

Lenjo, It is a lovely dahlia, my sister got a whole bunch from swan island and gave me a few, I really neglected them for a while, left them in a bag in the house, then i grudgingly planted them, promptly forgot about them, almost yanked them out thinking they were an odd looking weed. Then last week as I was wondering where I had planted the darned things, remembered the odd looking weeds..now, I have been watering them on a regular basis. I was just thinking about going out to swan island this weekend, I like to go to the u-pick farms out there, might stop in to the dahlia farm

by the way, to d a hyperlink, just highlight the adress and copy, then paste on your post....that easy, or just type it in

http://www.dahlias.com/

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

ohhh they're not even in Swan Island, but I see they have a dahlia festival the weekend of august 24 and then again the weekend of aug 31st.
Are you by any chance thinking about going? If you are, we could coordinate and meet up..... what do you think?

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

Great idea, Pebble that would be about halfway for each of us. During those festival days they have arrangements to highlight the dahlias down in their warehouse where they store the tubers in the winter. It is beeeeauuuuuutiful!!!
My hubby is the dahlia fan and that is one direction I think our nursery is heading.I will email you when I know what he is thinking. Looking forward to it. Joann

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

ok - I will look forward to earing from you - sounds like a fun little round-up....

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.