Yellow mandevilla

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

It's blooming better than I thought it would. Love this shade of yellow.

Thumbnail by Calalily
New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Truly beautiful yellow, that is your favorite most yellow?

The color of this plant is my favorite color. I love yellow, especially this shade.

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Katie bar the door...........it's simply gawgeous, dear!!

"eyes"

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Oh, my... that's luscious!

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

so now there is yellow?Are you telling me there are MORE plants to add to my wish list???

Yep CC, and there is a pure white fragrant one too. I'm going to try to root this one.

Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

I haven`t seen a yellow one before. I will be glad when they come out here.

It was sort of funny how I got this. I'd called a local nursery(one of those expensive ones) and asked for an Allamanda. That's what they tried to say this was. I took it and told them what it was, don't think they knew the difference. I did find an allamanda later.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

I saw this at our nursery here-40.00 for a huge plant!
Its sooooooo pretty-i had to pass as i had to buy a new pump for the fountain!!!

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

Cala, did you get this on the roundup trip?

No TiG, I think I already had it by then. I got it at a nursery about 5 miles from here. I can't remember how much it was(too much I'm sure, lol) and was in really bad shape. I gave it some Osmocote, new dirt and put it in the Jungle House. It's very happy now. Oh yeah, watered it. Some nurseries are as bad as Wallyworld about not watering stuff.

san antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

calalily, just saw that you said something about rooting, and, of course you caught my attention...especially with a yellow mandevilla. i know someone here in san antonio who has a yellow one also, and i want a cutting, but first i want to be sure that what i'm doing is going to work! i have lavender, so we want to trade...any tips? by the way, i was pretty sure he actually had an alamanda also, because i've never seen yellow. then again, i've never seen my lavender anywhere else either, and, besides, i'm not sure i know the difference, do you? i'm going to try to get my lavender's picture today...she's breath-taking!
meiyu

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

welcome to DG Meiyu :)! i see u finally decided to join DG. i guess the few exchanges of email finally convince u LOL! i am positively sure u will enjoy urself here.everyone is like family @ DG. very glad to see u join us!

ma vie

Hamilton, Canada

Cala,
Have you rooted mandevilla before? If so how did you do it? I tried but they didn't make it.

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

Joydie ... follow this thread ... http://davesgarden.com/s/238673.html HTH

Hamilton, Canada

MaVie,
Thanks, I'll try again and see how I make out. Maybe it was too hot when i did the cuttings before.

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

welcome :)! try the coke method of propagating, maybe that would help.

Harford County, MD(Zone 6b)

Cala,that really is beautiful.I'll have to check the nursery next year for one.

Cullman, AL(Zone 7a)

That is beautiful!!
I have a Variagated yellow one called "Tropical Dreams" The leaves are just beautiful but it isn't blooming yet. I got it as a gift so it is probably suffering replant shock...can't wait to see it bloom...hope it is as pretty as yours!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.