Jack in the pulpit seeds avail SASE: shade gdns pff'd

Grove City, OH(Zone 6a)

My jack in the pulpit seeds are ripe, and should be planted now for best possible germination in the spring. If you want any, give me a yell (not too loud, my cat will get scared)! I have enough for about 8 people to get 2 seeds each (I want to keep a few myself :)

The seeds will be sent still in their coverings, fresh off the plant. That seems to be the best way for quick germination. Make sure you check the Plant Database for how to grow them from seed.

I am posting this here so that shade people will get first dibs. Oh, and if anyone has seeds for other shade-loving natives, I would love some (especially trillium and American ginseng).

Bay City, MI(Zone 5a)

oh Lupinelover am i too late??? i would love to share some of your seeds :) if you still have some please let me know? i mailed your bunny tails,peony poppy, and apricot foxglove out to you today :) could you please put a few in with the other seeds your sending me??
patricia

Elizabethton (Stoney, TN(Zone 6b)

I would love to try some, l'lover.
Would you be interested in some cleome seeds, gold/yellow cosmos, or variegated sweet william (all sun)? That's about all the fresh seeds I have so far.

Boonies, SD(Zone 4b)

Hi Lupinelover,
Do you still have any seeds left? I have only Purple Coneflower, Love Lies Bleeding and Bachelor Buttons for now if you would like any of those. Please let me know.
Thanks
Ruth

This message was edited Thursday, Aug 8th 12:51 PM

St. augustine, FL(Zone 9a)

If you still have any, I would be interested. Check out my trade list to see if I have anything of interest to you in trade.

Jacksonville, IL(Zone 5a)

I'd like to have some of your Jack-in-the-Pulpit seeds if I'm not too late.

See my trade list: http://davesgarden.com/edittl/viewbystatus.php?status=7437
to see if there's anything we could trade.

Thanks for the offer. Rose

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

if you still have any for sase, please let me know.

Grove City, OH(Zone 6a)

GrannyLois, you have mail (literally ;) I sent them out Monday, and I can't remember if I sent you confirmation afterward.

tIG: you will have mail: I sent them out today.

Karen7: I sent you an e-mail a few days ago, and I will send you another tonight. If you don't get it, please post here again.

Thanks, LL.
Not here yet.
Maybe tomorrow.

Grove City, OH(Zone 6a)

GrannyLois, get em yet? tIG? Karen, I still haven't heard back from you. My e-mail is erratic the past few days though.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

i got them today!!! I hadn't caught up with this thread and didn't know they were coming! great instructions, thank you so much!!! something coming back at you!!!

No, not yet.
Probably tomorrow.

Cortlandt Manor, NY(Zone 6a)

I am sending you mail - if you have any left and it is not too late I would love some for my new shade garden that I have just dug.

Thanks!

Grove City, OH(Zone 6a)

Alyssum, you will get the last of the seeds. They are dried, so I have sent directions how to plant them.

Waterville, KS

Hi: If you have any Jack in the Pulpit seeds left may I have some? I can send a SASE for them? Please let me know. Many thanks

Grove City, OH(Zone 6a)

My JIP seeds are ripening; they may be ready in another month. I will keep y'all posted ;D

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

lupinelover did you ever get your trillium seeds? My sister has trillium and if you tell me how to get the seeds we can both have some.

Grove City, OH(Zone 6a)

If trillium does set seed, it forms fleshy pods. These can be harvested when the pod begins to wither, and the seeds sown immediately. My nodding trillium and yellow trillium successfully set seed this year (for the first time despite hand-pollinating them in previous years).

My JIP seedpods are just beginning to change colors; another couple weeks and they should finish ripening.

Hiouchi, CA(Zone 8b)

Lupinelover

i have never thought of gathering the seeds
were are they on the plant ?

Dick

This message was edited Aug 10, 2004 3:03 AM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.