Help me find this hosta

Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

Darius and I saw a hosta blooming (all the others are through around here). It had very large white blossoms. I am sure I saw it once in the Shady Oaks catalog but I don't have one right now and I can't get their website to come up. Does anyone have a clue? I checked the plants database, but there are over 3,000 posted there so I gave up.

Cape May Court House, NJ(Zone 7a)

What color was the hosta???? The one that comes to mind is Plantaginia, it is a late bloomer with big white flowers!!!
http://www.hostalibrary.org/p/p.html
sue

Well, we didn't get real close but it appears it was a medium green. There are 5 Plantaginia listed at the hosta library and I was able to eliminate 3 of them. So it is either just plain plantaginia or plantaginia Aphrodite.

Plantaginia Aphrodite has a triple flower and the other just a single flower!!!!!
sue

Wow! Well I guess that pins it down. thank you so much for all your help ruby42. Dave's Garden is an amazing place. I am constantly surprised at how often I get answers and how quickly.......

Is this a hosta that you are looking for??? I have a ton of them!!!!!
sue

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

ruby42... If you have 'plantiginia' I'd love a start! I thought the flowers were wonderful. Your trade list shows 'wanted... zone 6-7 perennials'... can you tell me what you want in trade? Send me an email, please, so we don't tie up this thread with trades. Thanks.

Silver Lake, OH(Zone 5b)

Had this hosta at a home I used to own in the city. A century home, and I am sure the hostas had to be at least 40 years old.

The flowers were so fragrant they filled the night air and they lasted so long in water in a vase, too... big leaves like dinner plates.

What I loved was, after almost everything is starting to look spent, here comes this lovely fresh white flower and its perfume... beautiful!

E-mail me and I can mail you guy's some Plantaginia!!!
sue

Grove City, OH(Zone 6a)

Ruby can I jump in and get a piece of the hosta too? Puh-leeze! (Do you like my begging? If not, just ignore it (giggle) I am going to e-mail you now :)

You got mail back!!!!!!!!
sue

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.