weather - it's official

Antrim, Northern Ire, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

on the news today they announced that this year we have had the warmest spring on record and the wettest summer in decades. an inch of rain fell on tuesday along with thunder, lightening and massive electrical storms knocking out electricity suppliews.

ah well there is always next year.

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8b)

Was that the meteorological term they used?? LOL
Sounds like you've had a rough go of it. Maybe it will be a gorgeous fall.

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom

Everything in my garden's overgrown and falling over. Lots of weeds. Have to do some cutting back when my Java assignment has been handed in. Neighbouring Stockton has floods (we're on the River Tees).

You can count Denmark in as having [deleted] weather this year, too. Too hot, too much rain all at once, some flooding today. There seems to be more lightening strikes as well. I hope the fall will make up for it before what will no doubt be a really cold winter. Just complaining. :-)

Durham, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

i saw the rain last night, it was torrential! northerner - i think we must have had similar weather with being so close geographically, all my stuff's falling over too, have to do some frantic pruning i think!

Versailles, CT(Zone 7a)

My home town of Pickering in North Yorkshire had a month's rain in 12 hours and is badly flooded, as are other areas of the North . I do hope all the DG members living up there are all right and their gardens are getting watered rather than drowned.

Durham, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

i'm ok here in durham, when it rains hard it affects the plants by making them heavy but, we're on a hill where we are are so we don't get flooded thankfully, only thing is the soil is quite well-drained :( good for some things but bad for others.

Helsinki, Finland(Zone 4b)

We've had warm summer this year too, and everything was 1-2,5 weeks earlier than usually. :D

Warkworth, Northumbe, United Kingdom

The rain yesterday was quite something, the river today is very fast with all the extra water. I have a rowing boat in my garden but its only a feature, as yet. Well I'm off to watch the bats flying around outside.

Jesteburg-Wiedenhof, Germany(Zone 8a)

I've had 5 days of burning heat, then a storm which flooded the city, then another two days of burning heat.

Weather tae drive ye daft, so it is!!!

Wintermoor

Tokyo, Japan

Hey Win'urmyure -

As if in mimicry, on Sunday we had torrential thundershowers, and half the basements in my ward were flooded.
Next? Tomorrow it's going to be 37 C.....

"Weather tae drive ye daft, so it is!!!"

Aye!

Wigan, Landcashire, United Kingdom

Yes we have had a lot of warm rainy weather, great for slugs and mildew, got it bad this year.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.