wanna see?

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

http://davesgarden.com/editgj/viewentry.php?rid=18485 this is to my journal. My baby snakes hatched. The photos are kinda "in your face" and are very detailed if you enlarge them. They were not harmful snakes as I found out through reading that all of our harmful snakes have live births..that is scary! These photos are not for the queeze folks, but are very educational :-) check 'em out if you like.

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

That was very educational Lisa! I enjoyed it. I was amazed at how big the snake looked for such a small looking egg. Makes you wonder how it ever fit in there.

Tiller, OR(Zone 8a)

What a wonderful thing to experience! Thanks for sharing!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Fascinating, were they in the jar the entire time of hatching, or did you leave them out somewhere? Did you have to incubate the eggs?
Tell us more!

Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

What a fascinating find Lisa.
Thanks for sharing your experience with us, the photos are a brilliant record!

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Candee, I left them in the jar with the exception of the two eggs I used to photograph. It took forever for them to hatch and I had to use 2 'models' for the pictures. I removed them from the jar as they broke the egg. I didn't do anything special, just simulated the area I found them in.

Thank you philomel, both of you might enjoy this http://davesgarden.com/editgj/viewentry.php?rid=18486 , it is also my journal of the baby turtles I hatched out. They were really fun.

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

WOW.. Great pictures.. Is it a Snapped Turtle or what? We have lots of box turtle or painted turle around here.. My dog Lab keep finding them and I had to take it away from him and relase them in somwhere where he wont find them.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

That's funny, Mini...Shoe's dog Rosie is a turtle-retriever, too! :D

Pittsburgh, PA

I came to look at your pictures, but both of the links are broken.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.