Wanted - Creeping Jenny

Has anyone got a tiny bit of plain Creeping Jenny they could part with? I have all sorts of seeds or loads of Mimulus primuloides (perennial, self-seeds) to swap.

Mount Prospect, IL(Zone 5a)

Is Creeping Jenny a relative of Creeping Charlie? He's busy right now trying to take over the back yard! Doris

Antrim, Northern Ire, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

mary

you can't be serious! I spent last week weeding my garden of Creeping Jenny. If it likes your garden it will spread very fast. It roots at each nodule as it creeps along. I will send you some but I need your address again. I have green and yellow leaved forms.

as I was writing this reply the postman came with your parcel. Thanks very much!

Mark

Mark

Not always, I have 2 of these plants which are over 4 years old and neither are spreading very far at all.

Yes, I really am looking for it! I did have Parochetus communis galloping over everything until this winter, when I think it was killed by the cold. It was in the middle of the 'lawn', though, so it may yet pop up later.

I'm really looking for the tiny one, Lysimachia numularia minima. I had that in my old garden, but I think a south-facing slope on almost solid chalk wasn't quite to its liking. Does anyone have that, or have you all got the bigger one?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.