July 31

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Hi ya folks. Can't believe it is almost August already. Man, the days just zip on by doesn't it.
Kjo, I always hate finding the skins of snakes, much rather find the real deal. At least finding a live snake, I can ID it..it is the not knowing that gets me :-). My snake eggs have started to hatch. They are the beneficial King Snake. Good to have around. I returned 2 of them to the back yard and the others were released in a wooded area. I learned something...the posionous snakes around here all have live births, no eggs. I don't know if that is a good thing..lol

Evamae, My cheese making class was a total let down :( . I traveled 5 hours round trip to take this class and was somewhat let down. The lady was very confusing on her teaching leaving the other students very confused. I was glad I had some experience under my belt, otherwise, I would have been very discouraged. So sorry to hear about Thomas. It is so hard to lose our pets isn't it...no matter what they are.

More rain on tap for us. The West Nile outbreak here is soaring. They are starting to say the "E" word (epidemic). This is the worst outbreack since 1999 in NY, second worst in the U.S. history. There are 32 confirmed cases and more to be announced by the end of the week. Kinda' makes a gal nervous.

Yall have a great day. Blessings!

This thread has 19 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!