Books in my suitcase

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

When I was younger and had to travel in connection with work, I always packed a book that I couldn't find time to read at home, usually a book of poetry, to help me relax in the evening. Later, I carried a book about astrology and one about collectibles or antiques. Once I found a book about the history of fashion, a very large book that was heavy and bulky, and carried it in my tote. DD inherited this trait, and she packed "Slow Poison" everywhere she went. I added it to "When I Am Old, I Shall Wear Purple" for awhile. I still carry "Purple", and the others change from time to time. Not being able to concentrate enough to read for a long time after surgery, and not being roadworthy, I stopped for a time, but recently unpacked the suitcase I have kept packed since surgery for those late night or sudden trips to ER. I tossed the finished crossword paperbacks, but put the copy of Slow Poison on my bedside to read again. Do you have a "suitcase and doctor's appointment" book?

This thread has 12 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!