SOLVED: Unidentified Plant

Kittanning, PA

Can anyone tell me what this is? The leaves are approx. 10-12" long. I have several clumps growing under my Rose of Sharon bush. I dug them up and moved them, but I haven't seen it flower. If it even does. It seems to have a rhizome instead of roots.

Thanks,
SYR36

Thumbnail by singleyellowros
Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

A lily perhaps?

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

Is it a daylily? They won't bloom in too much shade. What color are the roots? Daylilies have orange or yellow color roots.
Calalily

Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom

Looks like a Daylily to me too.

south central, WI(Zone 5a)

If it has a lot of thin roots (not the fleshy lily roots) and the bottoms of the leaves have faint vertical lines- it could be spiderwort-tadescantia. It blooms in summer for me in WI and when it is done, I cut it way back for a fall bloom.

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Mmmmm, I just got some Tradescantia in a trade with Elena, and this doesn't look quite right - Tradescantia's leaves come from a main stalk that kind of looks like a green onion (the veining that Marcia mentioned). This looks like the leaves are fanning out from the base. But I could be wrong - I'm starting to think I need bifocals, since pictures seem grainy to me more and more, LOL!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.