MG and Brugmansias

Rutherfordton, NC(Zone 7a)

My first brug bloomed yesterday and has errant morning glories growing up the stem. It is breath-taking. I've kept the MG's which were volunteers thinned out so they won't overtake the brugs.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Vickie, I'm glad someone else has done this. I have a Grandpa Otts growing up my white Tragedy 2001 brug. I'm hoping they will both put on a show in a couple of weeks. The MG is blooming some now, but has just recently started. I was wondering about the choking thing myself. I guess if the brug starts to look like it is being choked, I can just cut off the MG at the base.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Please let me know how it goes, I would love to plant MGs under my brugs. I planted one under my tri color beech and just remembered I did just now! LOL. I better look tomorrow and see if it has survived on total neglect.

Rutherfordton, NC(Zone 7a)

Everything I've planted in this yard has been an experiment because I have not lived here a full four seasons. But the brugs have done well in the shade (filtered sun) and the MGs didn't choke the brugs because of the shade. If both were in sunnier spot, the MGs might have competed with brugs. This idea is a keeper - I will do it again.

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

that is unusual to hear cause the MG that grows around here, chokes everything along it's path. pls. keep us updated, as i am very curious to know how things really turn out.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.