Datura metel.

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

black currant swirl. i watch this slowly emerge all day today. it has a lovely fragrance. too bad i do not know how to do collage, or i would show the different stages of how the datura bloom emerge to where it is now. the scent fills the evening air in the garden right now. just can't get enough of it's lovely scent.

i may not be lucky to have blooms on the brugs i grow, but the datura's sure is putting a show in the garden.

Thumbnail by MaVieRose
Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

Mine haven't even gotta bud yet.Hope they do something soon.I love purple!

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

save me seeds??? something happened to the rest of the ones I grew last year. it's very lovely!!!!

Woodsville, NH(Zone 4a)

Beautiful MVR.

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

MaVie.............if I start my seeds now, will they have time to grow by end of Oct., and if so how would they fair indoors?

"eyes"

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

MVR, very pretty flower. Hope you get lots of them and save lots of seeds. Hint, hint..... :-)

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

Thanks everybody :). i am definitely going to save seeds. this one is a keeper, far as i am concerned. the seeds came from Canada. the person that shared the seeds with me is a knowledgable person and knew how to take care of his plants. i was at awe to smell the fragrance, from a distance, much better when one gets closer to the plant. i'd say the scent is the lighter fragrance of, and similar to Ralp's Lauren's "Lauren". i may not have brugs flowers here, but based on some previous personal experienced in the northern Calif. area, i'd say i can share the brug experiences, everyone is enjoying in their yard. am very pleased with the fragrance and beauty of the datura's that blooms in my yard.

i will saved seeds for everyone who'd be interested to have them. i have 3 plants of the Black Currant swirl growing in the yard at the moment. each night new bloom opens for me. all the hardwork pay off when fragrant flowers like this surprises me each day or night.

Eyes, maybe it will. i planted the seeds straight on the ground, and kept the ground moist most of the time. datura's i think is quick to grow, as long as u contantly feed them with MG 15-30-15 or something similar. good luck!

Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

This is a real beauty!

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

2002 Thread

I had to bounce this thread up so you could see this beautiful bloom.

Judy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.