I Made the soap

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

I used the recipe below, and egads......did it make a huge amount.......

Am wondering if I made it correctly, I didnt have a 2 gallon bucket, so I used my bucket that I use to wash the floors, I measured two gallons, and marked it. then when I dumped the solution in there, I just added water to the line. Well, Hiyleria..... now what do I do with it? how am I going to store it???
about the consistency: it looks like I took about 10 jelly fish (maybe more) and squished them thru my fingers (use to do this as a kid....) is it supposed to look like that? or what?????
I did try it, however, you know how it says to wait 24 hours, I didnt....I washed two loads of towels right of the bat, and they seem fine......

i have one milk jug that I washed out, am going to pour some of it in there, and am waiting for another to become available for the balance. but...even with a funnell...how am I going to get the jelly fish into the jug???

Recipe #1

3 Pints Water
1/3 Bar Fels Naptha Soap, Grated
1/2 Cup Washing Soda
1/2 Cup Borax
2 Gallon Bucket
1 Quart Hot Water
Cold Water

Mix Fels Naptha soap in a saucepan with 3 pints of water, and heat on low until dissolved. Stir in Washing Soda and Borax. Stir until thickened, and remove from heat. Add 1 Quart Hot Water to 2 Gallon Bucket. Add soap mixture, and mix well. Fill bucket with cold water, and mix well. Set aside for 24 hours, or until mixture is gelled.
Use 1/2 cup of mixture per load.

This thread has 75 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!