Getting out of a speeding ticket

Spicewood, TX(Zone 8b)

There was a middle-aged guy who bought a brand new Mercedes
convertible SLK. He took off down the road, sped it up to 80 mph and enjoyed the wind blowing through what little hair he had left on his head. "This is great," he thought and accelerated it some more.

He looked in his rearview mirror, and there was a Florida Highway Patrol Trooper behind him-blue lights flashing and siren blasting.

"I can get away from him with no problem," thought the man, so he floored it and flew down the road at over 100 mph. then he thought "What am I doing? I'm too old for this kind of thing."

He pulled over to the side of the road and waited for the State Trooper to catch up with him. The trooper pulled in behind the Mercedes and walked up to the man.

"Sir," he said, looking at his watch, "my shift ends in 30
minutes. If you can give me a reason why you were speeding that I've never heard before, I'll let you go with a warning."

The man looked at the Trooper and said, "Last week my wife ran off with a State Trooper, and I thought you were bringing her back."

The State Trooper said, "Have a nice day."

This thread has 3 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!